Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?

• @styles-h it's a debate

• i think its terrorism when the islamic women cover themselves up when they are in public especially around us single men

• @lex-luciano it's not the woman that need to cover up but the men that need to learn how to control themselves (that's why all mandatory or suggested covering up of women's bodies in religious doctrines is oppressive and sexist)

• Islam is a religion of tolerance and terrorists are not just infidels who do such acts to discredit Islam

• @muslim i dont think so ... having religion define rules and boundaries so it is better to have some thing. else wverthng will be a caos.

• @alwaysstranger you know the meaning word "Islam"

• @mian-farhan I'm an ex-muslim so yeh

• @sarah said in Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?:

@muslim i dont think so ... having religion define rules and boundaries so it is better to have some thing. else wverthng will be a caos.

Not true. Look at countries like Sweden, Finland and Norway where at least 80% of the population are non religious.

Those are the counties with the least amount of violence, sexism, depression...

Actually, statistics show that the more a country is religious the more violent and unsafe it gets

• @alwaysstranger Islam is not a religion of terrorism for those who believe it is please watch the following video as a proof

• @emily said in Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?:

@alwaysstranger Islam is not a religion of terrorism for those who believe it is please watch the following video as a proof

ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION OF TERRORISM! but as an ex-muslim now atheist i KNOW it is a violent religion.

Here's a debate to watch if you want to know more about the topic:

• @alwaysstranger no. Islam is a relion of peace. Just tell me which person has more knowledge ?

Dr Zakir zaik or these guys in YouTube video?

Lol islam isn't voilant.

• islam is the way of life

• @emily I'm ignoring you because you KNOW i already showed you a lot violent verses in the quran but you keep lying that I'm misinterpreting them or whatever even tho i was a muslim for 13 years.

But also, the name of the show they're debating at is intelligence squared and all of them have had famous books written with their names on them. My favourite is Ayaan hirsi Ali.

And here's a video of Dr. Naik making 25 mistakes in 5 min:

Now from my impression of you, don't bother responding to me because I'll just ignore your responses

• @alwaysstranger Exactly! You can't escape the fact that even though there are verses in the quran about peace, there are also a lot of violence, misogyny, homophobia ...
    You can't say that somebody's misinterpreting them because they explicitly state to kill infidels and instruct the man on how to beat his wife ...
    And let's not forget about the total deviation from science, starting from Adam and Eve to Noah to the moon splitting and countless other examples that completely break the laws of physics

• @ohjay totally agree

• @ohjay the verses in Quran may seem violent to you but they are not voilant, we find them voilant because we don't understand their true meanings and we mid interpret them.

For e.g the punishment of rape in iQuran is Death penalty. Which may seem voilant but it is 100% logical.

Watch this video for explanation why raper should be dead. Please watch this.

Similarly there r many other violent verses but theybhave a reason. Islam teaches peace only and refrains from doing bad things.

• Music Lovers

All of the major religions Judiasim, Christianity, and Islam originated to complete the same task, which is act as a reminder to people that there is a higher power that created everything including them and thay they have a greater purpose in their lifetimes then getting caught up in the material aspects of life. Reality of the fact is its been thousands of years since the beggining of these religons and while all started pure and untampered with humans have over time corrupted each one with their own views in an attempt to gain power over the masses. No religon represents terrorrism its the people claiming to follow the religon that represent terrorism. And as for the textual verses of violence is pretty pointless because anyone who has read the bible or the torah would now that they all have similar passages which talks about violence but it isnt to be misunderstood and taken as kill whoever disagrees with you. Religon now has become just a form of enslavement of mankind in which the so called "holy" people tell everyone else what to do and believe. People have to reclaim their ability to think for themselves and understand the seeds of deception that have been sowed into all these religons that were brought about to acheieve the same goal.

• @emily hi 5 emily .thats why i like u ^^

• not at all people are violent

• @ohjay You are right on somethings that Islam does say to kill infodels who harm your religion or your faith Islam is peaceful to the peaceful and hard towards those who deserve it there is violence in Iskam completely agreed