Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?
@alwaysstranger I totally understand your concerns as someone who had questioned the same before.
You say evolution is a scientific fact then surely you haven't read the criticism. Okay, let me go by definition. First what is science? It is the study of the physical and natural worlds using theoretical models and data from experiments or observations. The keywords- experiments and observations. So tell me has any man or scientist 'observed' an ape turn into a man, like literally observed with his own eyes? Or are there any experiments where they have seen an ape turn into a man, again like literally seen with their naked eyes? I am not talking about taking old bones that were studied and 'deducing' it to be our great ancestors. Those bones may just be an evolved monkey of different stages. Nobody has seen them evolve into homo sapiens. Have they? So it over rules the very definition of science. Science is not deduction. It is observations and experimentations. And we cannot even afford to experiment the given theory now cause the apes are extinct beings. There are no facts. But then again im just a nobody student of science. I talk shit and make shit mistakes. But so does science, it makes mistakes too, its not perfect. A hundred theories were made and disproved, we just stick and study the latest theory until it is rejected and a new theory comes forth over ruling the previous. If you talk and state science, I should remind you that you keep that in mind.
As for your point of the moon being cut in two, that depends on your faith. And faith comes later, dont point that out if you have not yet believed in the book. It is like saying, Ghandi is a bad person because he smoked and used to shoplift and steal a few pennies, therefore he is a violent person.
As for the "the world was created in 6 days". So lets me ask you the meaning of 'day'. Day is defined as a 24 hour interval of time for earth to make a complete rotation of the axis. how do you take the '24hours is a day in earth' as meaning of the day when it is talking about the very creation of the same earth. You read between the lines, a day could also mean an era, or any eons.
And yes the big bang theory is true, only if you have understood it properly or it is your problem.
And about your points of islam being violent and sexist, i could blame your lack of knowledge. Quran is a book of literature and poetry. I bet you never understood any original books of Shakespeare because if you did you would at least understand a little of how to interpret things at least a little. And If you ever knew Arabic then only you should quote the words. Let me explain, arabic sentence are of two types, one you take the literal meaning and other is you a metaphor, or it is a mysterious figure of speech which can have a hundred meaning. And if you read the English translation of quran i say you are reading only the 20% of it. The rest 80% cannot be explained in English. So before you quote any verse and point it as wrong i say you study is thoroughly and understand, or you should learn Arabic properly.
It was like you were saying if I can't see it, it doesn't exist at all.
But coming to the homophobic part, i still have my doubts. I have a thing against homophobes too. Like, yes it is not their fault that they hold torches for the same sex. But now that doesn't mean i am saying the whole of islam is wrong just because they are homophobic. There are ups and downs to every thing. This is again just like saying Gandhi is a bad person because he smokes and yadda yadda.
1 thing you love and 1 thing you hate about where you live
@mbs-guy Nah you are missing it by couple of hundred miles.
Is god real? Your thoughts
I'm too tired of this topic so I'll just link you to the hundreds of previous conversations i had. One second
what will be your reaction if someone gives you 100 kisses
@khaleezi91 I think kissing someone without his/her permission a hundred times is already a crime.
" When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile "
Is Evolution or Creationism the Truth?
no one knows.
Scientists believe in evolution as well as hundred other theories.
Holy men in creationinsm.
You should believe what you feel is right.
WAS JUST TRYING OUT MS PAINT
I know that there are hundreds of mistakes in it coz i was just trying